What if Sozo is a Trojan Horse strategically positioned in churches to aid in the indictment and conviction of pastors over false claims of sexual abuse based upon repressed memories? Obviously, Sozo proponents will consider the question I just proposed … Continue reading
This gallery contains 4 photos.
I.C. DILEMMA When I first started this blog site it was with the subject of Eschatology in mind, hence the name, “Closingstages.” Because of unforeseen circumstances at the time what evolved was subject matter centered around Apologetics, in particular, … Continue reading
This gallery contains 2 photos.
Headed by Annie Schumacher of IHOP who’s ministry team includes staff from IHOP and local churches, Annie Schumacher claims to have over 30 years of experience and professional training in counseling, spiritual parenting, and personal and group deliverance. Although … Continue reading
This gallery contains 2 photos.
Some of the most physically dangerous cities for American women based on FBI-reported crime rates are found in Michigan, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Illinois, Alaska, and California. These statistics are based on violent crimes per 100,000 people per capital. From Memphis Tennessee, … Continue reading
I am posting this testimony from Inerrant Word Blog as the Author of this Blog site rejoices that his wife has been delivered from the extreme Pentecostalism of Bill Johnson. Below is only a small section of her testimony and I have provided a link at the bottom so you can read this testimony in it’s entirety.
At the beginning of 2010 I decided I wanted to get involved in a more passionate “Christianity”. I have always thought of myself as a worshipper & I craved being around others who lived & breathed worshipping the Lord.
Our church had been *pushing* & wanting revival to break out. So naturally I went home one day and decided to research about what “revival” actually was and how we could get it! Through my discoveries I found out about The Welsh Revival, Charles Finney and others.
I wanted *revival* to break out in our church. The more I read about the “amazing” things that happened in Wales, the more I wanted that to happen to us.
A member of our church had been involved in the Brownsville Revival. She told me many stories about the revival that happened there & the anointing that she received from there. Whenever she went up for prayer her body would shake & eventually she would, fall to the floor.
I was curious and started looking into the information surrounding the Brownsville revival. Like the Toronto blessing, the Brownsville revival had similar manifestations of the holy spirit, and following that was the Lakeland revival.
At that time I was initially very cautious. It didn’t seem to line up with the God of the Bible I knew and I couldn’t find anything in the scriptures to back up what was happening in these places. BUT I so desperately wanted to feel God and being among passionate Christians, I thought that this was where those sorts of people were. Some of the manifestations, including the prophetic seemed exciting and it drew me in.
Despite my initial caution & a nagging feeling of unease, I started listening to the answers that these extreme prophetic people would give to the sceptics.
Here are some of the things they said/say:
– God was revealing new things to the church today.
– God was moving in a way that was different & more relevant to the world now.
– How could these things not be of God, when people were singing his praises all within the safety of a church?
– No one can judge or dismiss the manifestations of the holy spirit, if you did then this then you were quenching the Spirit.
– David danced in the streets and people then thought he was crazy, but he was a man after the Lord’s heart. This meant that even though manifestations were similar to David’s dancing (disorderly behaviour) they were of God.
– The church at Pentecost had exactly the same spirit manifestations (like drunken behaviour…because in the Bible the mockers thought they were acting drunk therefore the early church must have had drunken spirit manifestations.
– Bill Johnson is such a kind, quietly spoken & gentle man therefore he must be a man of God.
– People from all over are coming in droves to these churches, so its has to be good.
– In the last days, God’s spirit will pour out on his people and this is that.
– No-one can judge the holy spirit. If something is done in the name of the holy spirit then it must be the holy spirit.
– Those who think that these manifestations are not of God are Pharisees (& are not open to things happening in the spirit outside of the Bible).
– People who were outside of these movements were missing out on a special anointing from the Lord.
To read the complete four part testimony click here on Inerrant Word Blog.
There have always been those who attempt to divert God’s people from their main purpose. Whether angels or men. God knows how to deal with the rebellious, but believers are warned not to participate with any such persons. The wicked appeals to the lusts of the eye, lusts of the flesh and to inordinate pride. They will pretend to love God, appear to do good works, but on close examination they are as fruitless as the fig tree that Jesus cursed. The wise will be able to identify those whose object is to be god, rather than to serve God. It will take a deeply spiritual heart to know how to reach any who are deep into deception without being contaminated-hating the sin but still loving the sinner. – Jack W. Hayford (revised by myself)
I am tired…… sick and tired of running after the false teachers and leaders.. that I use to run after…. thinking they were right……what’s up with that? I have realized that I’m still following after these bozo’s! Oh- for very different reasons for sure …..once I believed them, now I want to warn everyone to stay away from them……How’s that workin for me? Not so much!! It seems I can only take so much information on the heresy these guys teach before I over load and have to step away. Who knows, maybe that’s normal for most of us, I don’t know?
I have read more information, articles, books, tweets, and listened to their sermons: I now know more about what they teach than I ever did when I was blindly following them! Had I looked at them this closely from the beginning, obviously I wouldn’t have followed them! But I still find myself hanging out with them much more than I want to! Why is it that the very ones that I was deceived by are the ones I still spend so much time listening too?
- hang on every word, much like their followers who adore and idolize them do.
- help them with their income by buying there latest book, so as to “critique” it and show how much they are still teaching and preaching heresy.
- Notice these books have, what I called orchestrated controversy and the publicists release the book earlier than scheduled because of the “controversy”…… translation is that it sells more books = more MONEY.
I know that it is critically important for those whom God is calling out of this deception to have the information out there on these false teachers. I thank God for the bloggers and discernment ministries daily. Let me say clearly that I am in no way wanting to diminish the work that they do for God in calling out these false prophets.
My point is, OK their FALSE, they are teaching false doctrines and heresy’s. It’s obvious!! Many other’s long before I arrived on the scene have tried to correct and instruct them in their error, to no avail. So what good am I doing or anyone else for that matter by chasing after their next statement, sermon, healing conferences, or books.
We already know they are and will continue to twist the scripture, teach another Jesus and basically do what false teachers do. Scripture doesn’t tell us that many will turn back to the truth, it states the opposite, many will fall away from the truth and follow after these false prophets.
These guys are not interested in the truth. More importantly how many times do you present them with the truth before it becomes “throwing your pearls before swine”?
Jude 22-24 “And of some have compassion, making a difference: 23 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh. 24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy.”
We know who is teaching false doctrines, we have a list of those who twist scripture. We are still waiting for many of them to respond and defend their “position” with a Biblical based defense, “in context” would be nice!
I plan on doing things a little differently , instead of wasting so much time and energy running after false teachers, their next book, sermon, tweet etc. I want to focus more on those who follow them.
The facts are already known;
- their teaching heresy
- they refuse correction, instruction, or to be accountable
- and if they did/do repent I’m sure they would want to make it known to the world, so as to save those from the fire that they have been deceiving all of these years.
Has anyone noticed that most don’t really respond to or defend the doctrine that they are teaching to any who are questioning their Biblical validity? Several reasons for this:
- They can’t Biblically defend their position and to enter into a debate “contending” for what they believe wouldn’t line up with scripture.
- By not engaging those who are scrutinizing their doctrines they accomplish a couple of different things. One; they effectively “separate” themselves from those inquiring, setting up a “US and THEM” mentality within their ranks, “THEM” of course being the “bad guys” or the “unenlightened”. Which of course sets up the mind set of “aren’t we special.” Two; that sets up by default division which of course is flipped back onto those asking the questions to begin with and they are the ones that are being viewed as divisive for even questioning!! Crazy how that works but it’s working for them isn’t it.
- By not engaging in response it actually in some ways promotes them and keeps them in the news so to speak. No matter if it’s good or bad, publicity at least they are being talked about. Look at almost every book that is cranked out by them. Anymore they actually promote their material as controversial……sells more books….gets more coverage….even the secular world will pick up the story and guess what…..they sell more books. Then the publishers release it earlier than planned because of all the hype……
- By not responding and defending what they are teaching it creates a vacuum of sorts for those who follow them, “their sheep” are left to defend them. In some respects that works to the advantage of those who are flagging their teachings as heresy; because at least there is an opportunity to engage and hopefully save some of them out of it. But in reality those like Bill Johnson who promotes a gathering around the “FATHERS” should feel a little sheepish himself (no pun intended) in the fact that he is allowing the “children/sheep” as it were to defend the “FATHERS/leaders” leaving the sheep to defend the shepherd!!!! Kind of flies in the face of the fathers as protector doesn’t it.
- Also in some ways I’m sure they are hoping that by not engaging and defending they appear to be taking the proverbial “high road” and somehow appear more like Jesus. Unfortunately that is certainly not what scripture says to do, let alone Christ never missed an opportunity to preach and defend the gospel. To always have an answer to all men. Yet they seem to be “above” the fray so to speak. One it keeps them from really having to come up with intelligent scriptural responses, in reality this can only last so long until even the most diehard fan/follower has got to start wondering if maybe what the dissenters are saying isn’t actually true.
Then by not responding it begs the questions and statements.
- Why aren’t they concerned about clearing up the doctrinal error questions?? Especially for those that follow them? To give them clarity and a solid Biblical basis for them to be able to build themselves up in their faith and stand and defend and contend for the faith?
- As leaders they appear to fail miserably in protecting and defending their faith, it’s role reversal, their flocks are out in the trenches fighting for their “leaders” and aren’t adequately equipped to defend them or what they teach. I can’t tell you how many comments I have read from people defending Johnson and crew, where the poor person that is commenting is using statements like “I’m sure this is what he believes…..or that’s not what he means by that” you get the picture.
- I’m sure those who follow these guys would love for them to show up on some of these bloggers sites and give them what for or at least give the sheep/flock some solid defense to take with them when they go to defend them!
- One of the most tragic and I think spiritually criminal is the very fact that they truly lack compassion, grace, and mercy, not only for those they deem deceived (what a golden opportunity to win some!!) but for their very own!!!!
- You can only conclude that they have more than enough followers that they aren’t too concerned about those that venture into the controversy over their teachings and get slaughtered and destroyed trying to defend them. Apparently the parable of the one lost sheep going astray or wondering off where it shouldn’t doesn’t carry much weight with them. They certainly aren’t concerned about possibly losing a few being crippled or maimed!!!!
- They do not take accountability or responsibility for the very things that they are presenting as truth. If they really believed and were convinced that they hold the truth, wouldn’t they at all cost continually present a defense for it? Knowing that some will be saved, even if it’s one it would be worth it? Where’s their compassion and love for the truth they claim they have when they won’t stand in defense of it? The conclusion is that those following these ministries will have to ask themselves these questions someday. Again scripture is clear, always have an answer for all men.
2 Timothy 2:4 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
1 Peter 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear.
2 Thess. 3:1-2 Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you: And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith.
How shameful it is to look at just how little concern these false prophets have for those who follow them, but then look at how little they are concerned with defending their own faith…you have to wonder (usually most people will defend what they believe vehemently and often to death) do these guys even believe what they are teaching? They don’t step up, why? Don’t they trust God is faithful enough to defend His own and His own Word? Yes I’m being facetious .
My point is I know at times I have lost my spiritual compass in all of this…..it’s not hard to do! For me, I just want to really try and refocus on those out there that are in despair, broken, destroyed and hurting all at the hands of wolves like these. If they choose to repent that would be beyond wonderful; but until then the only mention I want to give of them is to all who are hurting and broken from their deception that they are spewing, God has and is calling you out.
Kris Kildosher from Bill Johnson’s Bethel Church visited a local Church in the Defiance Ohio area in February. I have included an audio of the message below which is about an hour and a half long. Riddled throughout the message are many prophecies of financial breakthroughs, a house of restoration for the pastor of the church, and many other bizarre happenings, several invisible healings, as Kris introduces himself as the entertainment of the hour. Just prior to his introduction, Kris is found on the floor during the worship service where he was given a vision of the throne of God. Now drunk in the Spirit, Kris takes the podium where he begins to preach (if you can call it preaching).
Kris’s mom is a spirit filled catholic, according to Kris she had dreams and visions so as a result Kris met Jesus at a young age. During Kris’s college years God spoke to him about Acts 5, God said that Kris was lying to God about giving everything to God. Kris then spent two days rolling around on the floor having visions and encounters. Nov 7, 2004 the Holy Spirit came into His apartment and filled him. (Question: how was he having visions and encounters if the Holy Spirit wasn’t there? According to Kris, after the two days of rolling on the floor having visions and encounters, the Holy Spirit came into his apartment and filled him.)
Kris then started going to house church meetings where signs and wonders where happening, diamonds would appear on floor, nine of them showed up at his house when he went to the school of supernatural ministry. He then moved to Bethel California to attend the School of Supernatural Ministry where he graduated in 2008. He then traveled the world. 1 Tim 1:11 is His favorite verse “The bliss full happy God” (Must be a new version).
Listening to Kris you start to understand that everything he believes in is experience based rather than faith based. Like dozens of deaf ears being opened, tumors disappearing on a weekly bases, dreams, visions, encounters etc. Like his conversion, there is no mention of the Gospel, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ. All you hear is about dreams, visions, the prophetic, etc, etc. This then is the fruit of Bill Johnson’s ministry, a “Gospel-less Gospel.” I found it difficult to listen to the message in it’s entirety in one sitting as it made me nauseous to think that the church has gone so far from the truth of God’s Word. However, I felt it necessary to post so people can see what sort of warped teachings are coming out of Bethel Church. To listen to the message click here – Kris Kildosher of Bethel