I am posting this testimony from Inerrant Word Blog as the Author of this Blog site rejoices that his wife has been delivered from the extreme Pentecostalism of Bill Johnson. Below is only a small section of her testimony and I have provided a link at the bottom so you can read this testimony in it’s entirety.
At the beginning of 2010 I decided I wanted to get involved in a more passionate “Christianity”. I have always thought of myself as a worshipper & I craved being around others who lived & breathed worshipping the Lord.
Our church had been *pushing* & wanting revival to break out. So naturally I went home one day and decided to research about what “revival” actually was and how we could get it! Through my discoveries I found out about The Welsh Revival, Charles Finney and others.
I wanted *revival* to break out in our church. The more I read about the “amazing” things that happened in Wales, the more I wanted that to happen to us.
A member of our church had been involved in the Brownsville Revival. She told me many stories about the revival that happened there & the anointing that she received from there. Whenever she went up for prayer her body would shake & eventually she would, fall to the floor.
I was curious and started looking into the information surrounding the Brownsville revival. Like the Toronto blessing, the Brownsville revival had similar manifestations of the holy spirit, and following that was the Lakeland revival.
At that time I was initially very cautious. It didn’t seem to line up with the God of the Bible I knew and I couldn’t find anything in the scriptures to back up what was happening in these places. BUT I so desperately wanted to feel God and being among passionate Christians, I thought that this was where those sorts of people were. Some of the manifestations, including the prophetic seemed exciting and it drew me in.
Despite my initial caution & a nagging feeling of unease, I started listening to the answers that these extreme prophetic people would give to the sceptics.
Here are some of the things they said/say:
– God was revealing new things to the church today.
– God was moving in a way that was different & more relevant to the world now.
– How could these things not be of God, when people were singing his praises all within the safety of a church?
– No one can judge or dismiss the manifestations of the holy spirit, if you did then this then you were quenching the Spirit.
– David danced in the streets and people then thought he was crazy, but he was a man after the Lord’s heart. This meant that even though manifestations were similar to David’s dancing (disorderly behaviour) they were of God.
– The church at Pentecost had exactly the same spirit manifestations (like drunken behaviour…because in the Bible the mockers thought they were acting drunk therefore the early church must have had drunken spirit manifestations.
– Bill Johnson is such a kind, quietly spoken & gentle man therefore he must be a man of God.
– People from all over are coming in droves to these churches, so its has to be good.
– In the last days, God’s spirit will pour out on his people and this is that.
– No-one can judge the holy spirit. If something is done in the name of the holy spirit then it must be the holy spirit.
– Those who think that these manifestations are not of God are Pharisees (& are not open to things happening in the spirit outside of the Bible).
– People who were outside of these movements were missing out on a special anointing from the Lord.
To read the complete four part testimony click here on Inerrant Word Blog.